Tuesday, October 9, 2012

It Is Finished

Sooo, the marathon. Finished it!
I finished in 4:42, which is a little shy of my 4:30 goal time but I don't really care because finishing is finishing. I even beat my dad by 10 minutes! My first half was understandably faster than my second half--it almost seemed like the finish line was getting further and further away at one point. I'm feeling pretty good now, it just hurts a little when I go downstairs. I was strongly suggested by fellow marathoner Kelly Grimes to take a bath, so I might try to see if our bath plug works tonight, if I don't get home too late from my 14-hour day. 

I know you all have been reading this blog because I have been asking you for money and you are wondering if I have made my goal...in truth, you guys blew it out of the water! My goal was $1200 and at my last count, I raised $1350! Taller de Jose is an amazing organization and will benefit greatly from all of this support. Our goal as a team was to raise $5000, and as of October 3rd, we had $5,187! (I'll update that amount when we get the final total).

None of this could have happened without all of your support. From donating, to watching me run, to kind words before and after the race, I am very much indebted to all of you!

Thank you for accompanying me on this journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment